ABN 99 613 450 454
(Kuter Solutions Pty Ltd ACN 613 450 454)
1. Rights in relation to privacy
In handling personal information, Makeup Freedom will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
This privacy statement may be updated from time to time.
2. Why does Makeup Freedom need personal information?
Makeup Freedom collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information where it is reasonably necessary for any of the following purposes:
- providing, promoting, developing and supporting Makeup Freedom’s products and to customers in the makeup and cosmetics ;
- identifying, developing and facilitating business opportunities and relationships;
- identifying and informing our customers of products and services from Makeup Freedom, or of selected third parties our customers may be interested in;
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- recruiting staff or engaging contractors or consultants; or
- any other legal requirements.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Makeup Freedom takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is used or disclosed. Where Makeup Freedom requests personal information directly from an individual, there is no obligation on that individual to provide the personal information to Makeup Freedom. But without certain information from an individual, Makeup Freedom may not be able to provide its products or services.
3. What kinds of personal information does Makeup Freedom collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. When providing products and services, Makeup Freedom may collect personal information.
Generally, the kinds of personal information Makeup Freedom may collect include, to the extent it is reasonably necessary for Makeup Freedom to provide its products or services are:
- contact and identification information such as name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth; and
- personal information about a relevant account in connection with which Makeup Freedom provides services.
In some circumstances Makeup Freedom may also hold other personal information provided to Makeup Freedom in connection with providing products and services.
4. How does Makeup Freedom collect personal information?
Makeup Freedom may collect personal information:
- directly from individuals through exchanges with Makeup Freedom, either verbally or in writing, provided in person or via email, telephone, post or other means;
- from a Makeup Freedom customer for the purpose of Makeup Freedom providing services or otherwise fulfilling its contractual obligations to the service ;
- from an individual’s employer or colleague for the purposes of facilitating and developing a relationship between Makeup Freedom and the individual’s employer; or
- from other sources such as from an information services provider or a publicly maintained record.
Generally, Makeup Freedom will only collect personal information from sources other than the individual if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect the personal information from the individual directly.
5. To whom does Makeup Freedom disclose personal information?
Makeup Freedom discloses personal information for the purpose for which Makeup Freedom collects it. That is, generally, Makeup Freedom will only disclose personal information for a purpose set out at paragraph 2. This may include disclosing personal information to customers, professional advisors, suppliers or other third parties engaged to perform administrative or other business management services. This disclosure is always on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law. Makeup Freedom may also disclose personal information with the individual’s consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
6. Overseas disclosure
Makeup Freedom may disclose personal information to overseas recipients in order to provide its products or services on a global scale and for administrative or other business management .
Before disclosing any personal information to an overseas recipient, Makeup Freedom takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the overseas recipient complies with the Australian Privacy Principles or is bound by a substantially similar privacy scheme, unless Makeup Freedom obtains consent to disclose or it is otherwise required or permitted by law.
7. Direct marketing
Makeup Freedom may use and disclose personal information in order to inform interested persons or entities of products and services or to facilitate its business relationships. Individuals can opt-out of receiving such communications by contacting Makeup Freedom via the contact details set out in paragraph 10 or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication.
8. Security of personal information
Makeup Freedom takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Makeup Freedom holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
Makeup Freedom will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Makeup Freedom is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
9. Can an individual access and correct the personal information that Makeup Freedom holds about them?
Makeup Freedom takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Individuals can access and seek correction of their personal information that Makeup Freedom collects and holds, or otherwise request more information on Makeup Freedom’s approach to privacy, by contacting Makeup Freedom via the contact details set out in paragraph 10 below. Makeup Freedom will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To provide access to personal information, Makeup Freedom:
- requests proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- requests reasonably specific details about the information required; and
- may charge a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to Makeup Freedom for providing access in accordance with a request.
If Makeup Freedom refuses a request for access to, or correction of, personal information, Makeup Freedom will provide written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. Makeup Freedom will also take steps reasonable in the circumstances to provide access in a manner that meets the needs of the individual making the request and the needs of Makeup Freedom.
Makeup Freedom will endeavour to respond to a request for access to, or correction of, personal information within 30 days from receiving the request.
10. How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding Makeup Freedom’s handling of personal information, or to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications, you can contact Makeup Freedom via email at:
hello @ makeupfreedom.com
Or in writing at:
4 Mill Court
Sunshine North Vic 3020
11. Privacy complaints
Privacy complaints should be directed to Makeup Freedom. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect any existing obligations to, or commercial arrangements with, Makeup Freedom.
Makeup Freedom will commence an investigation into a complaint and inform the complainant of the outcome. In the event a complainant is dissatisfied with the outcome, the complaint can be referred to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.